It’s game day! And game day means lots of finger-lickin’, heartburn-inducing grub. We have our Crock-Pots going, and the first dish to reach the end zone is this apple jam, honey mustard, and beer cocktail kielbasa.
Now…we’re Steelers fans, and will route for just about ANYBODY over the no-good, cheating Patriots, so although we’re still a little miffed at the Seahawks, I’d rather they win today. We’re only watching for the commercials, and will most likely be switching back and forth between the puppy and kitty bowls, too.
Although our team isn’t playing, it’s still Super Bowl Sunday, and we want to chow down, as per tradition. I’m trying out this new recipe and I hope it ends up being a winner.
Apple Jam, Honey Mustard, and Beer Crock-Pot Cocktail Kielbasa Recipe
- 1 package polka kielbasa
- Stonewall Kitchen’s Apple-Cider Jam, 2 tbsp
- Sweet Baby Ray’s Honey Mustard sauce, 1 tbsp
- 1 can Sierra Nevada Pale Ale beer
- Crock-Pot (I’m using my hook-ups today)
- Slice the kielbasa into 1/2 or 1/4 inch pieces and place in a bowl.
- Mix with two tablespoons of apple cider jam and one tablespoon of honey mustard. Add more if you want, just make sure that the kielbasa is covered.
- Put the kielbasa into the Crock-Pot
- Pour beer over the kielbasa until covered. Cook on high until ready to serve (the kielbasa I used was pre-cooked) and then set to warm.
I’m using a Crock-Pot because I want no non-sense food today, but I’m sure this could be baked or even done on top of the stove. I could have fried the kielbasa first to glaze it and cooked the jam and beer together for a gooeyer glaze, but maybe if I make this again I will. For today, it’s an easy win!