A whole month just for my favorite fruit. How sweet!
And also how pathetic, because I don’t have a single peach recipe of my own to share with y’all, ha. I very much wish I had the secret peach cobbler moonshine recipe from my best friend’s boyfriend’s grandfather (memories of a wonderful bachelorette party right there, thank you, Rose); or a good canning recipe for sweet, syrupy, peaches; or a peach BBQ sauce recipe for late summer cookouts.
I don’t, but that’s ok! Because for years, I’ve been collecting favorites, and today I’m sharing some of the best peach-flavored finds.
- Raspberry Peach Lemonade by Damn Delicious. If you haven’t checked out this blog yet, I highly recommend it. She has amazing recipes and the photography is always stunning, too. Plus, who doesn’t love lemonade in the summertime? It’s the perfect drink for August.
- Peach Cupcakes with Peach Cream Cheese Frosting by Joanne Choi on Week of Menus. This is a hot one on Pinterest, and with good reason. Peach flavored cakes are sweet and tangy, and I love cream cheese frosting.
- Peach Cookies by Italian Food Forever. These peach-shaped cookies are a very important Italian wedding cookie tradition. You see them at a lot of Pennsylvania/West Virginia weddings, or you can find them in Italian bakeries. My mother-in-law made them for our wedding! Sometimes the filling is pastry cream, other times it’s nut. This recipe uses peach jam. This blog post is also very touching to read, as these cookies were made in memory of a loved one who had passed away. Thank you for sharing, Ms. Mele!
- Skinny Peach and Cream Milkshake by Will Cook For Smiles. When the peach milkshake comes to Chick-Fil-A every summer, I gain ten pounds by looking at the menu. So. Good. And this version? Make at home, skinny? Even better.
- Brown Sugar Pork Chops with Peach Barbecue Sauce by Southern Living. Peaches are used for desserts in most recipes but don’t pass up the opportunity to use them in savory main dishes! This one comes from a series of “62 Summer Peach Recipes,” so make sure to check out the whole thing for many more ideas. I love Southern Living.
- Peach and Prosciutto Bruschetta by The Kitchn. Peach drinks, peach desserts, and a peach main dish – how about a peach appetizer? I love prosciutto on its own but the salty flavoring really pops when you pair it with sweet – like cantaloupe or other melon – and peach is a fresh alternative. This post also is from a series on using fresh peaches. Read for more ideas!
I can’t wait for the harvest, and the hubs and I talked about buying a bushel and canning ourselves. Perhaps by the fall, we’ll have some of our own recipes to share. But what about you? Do you have a favorite peach recipe? Comment and share below! Happy National Peach Month!