I have to apologize to everyone for lack of posts lately. I have avoided mentioning this so far, but I have several health issues that sometimes put me in the hospital and drain me of energy for weeks at a time. It’s actually in part why I have this blog – to remind me that when times are tough, there will still always be good times to be had, and to be thankful for the blessings you DO have when things otherwise suck a monkey’s butt.
Anywho, things have not been ALL bad lately. Sure, I was in the ER yesterday morning, but we have still been able to do some wonderful things lately.
My list of good things that have happened so far this summer:
- This past Sunday we witnessed the baptism of Clare Bear, and I cried in church.
- When the weather finally broke (it’s the rainy season here), we packed up the truck and went to the drive-in to see Malificient (loved it, Angelina Jolie rocked).
- Our garden is growing, and we’ll have veggies soon.
- We went to a baseball game with an old friend from high school who I haven’t seen in ten years, and it was more fun that I imagined it could be.
- My best friend’s bridal shower is in two weeks – I can’t believe it’s almost here!
- Russell finally hung my apron nook, and I found two unbelievably cute signs to hang in our kitchen.
Silver linings all around.
And this is just the start of summer. My health is going to be better soon, and I fully intend to spend time outside, under the stars, at the pool, and soaking up rays.
I may not be around much during future weeks, and I’m having trouble eating (health issues), so there isn’t much cooking happening either, unfortunately. 😦 But, I hope to feel better soon, and enjoy the rest of my sweet, sweet summer. I hope life is treating y’all wonderfully…I hope that it’s sweet as a peach.