At the risk of sounding like the old person that I actually am, I love Friday nights in. It’s pretty much the first night during the week where we take our time to eat dinner and relax without stressing out about all of the other things that need done. Also, showers are totally optional until the next morning. 😉 Win win.
This recipe is quick to put together, and bakes for about an hour – enough time to change into your jammies and enjoy a drink.
Caramelized Chicken Thighs/Legs
Ingredients (to serve two)
- 3 chicken thighs, 2 chicken legs
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup of honey**
- salt and pepper
**I’ve made this recipe before but this was the first time I used Savannah Bee Company’s Winter White honey (my favorite!) and it made the dish drool-worthy. Seriously the best honey I’ve ever had comes from Savannah Bee Company. I highly recommend it!
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Rinse your chicken and pat dry. Place in a glass casserole dish and season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix the honey, soy sauce, ketchup, and olive oil. Mix in garlic.
- Pour oven chicken; place in oven for 30 minutes.
- At the 30-minute mark, baste the chicken. I’ll do this again in another 15 minutes.
- For the last 15 minutes of cooking time, I turn the heat up to 425. It helps the chicken and sauce really caramelize.
- Check to make sure that your thighs are cooked all the way through before eating. You can look longer if you’d like, this chicken comes out very juicy – you won’t dry it out, and better safe than sorry.
We ate our dinner with veggie risotto (thank you, Trader Joe’s) and roasted broccoli. All very quick to throw together for a weeknight!